In a T20 league like the IPL, bowlers are almost never given enough credit for how important they are to the outcome of the games. Every team is now permitted to have an additional batter and bowler on their playing side thanks to the new impact player regulation.
Also, Check All Time IPL Orange Cap Winner in Every IPL Match.
Most Wickets In IPL 2023
|PLAYER||WICKETS||MATCHES||BEST BOWLING||4-WKTS||ECONOMY||STRIKE RATE|
|Yuzvendra Chahal (RR)||11||5||4/17||1||7.85||10.90|
|Varun Chakravarthy (KKR)||7||5||4/15||1||8.32||15.14|
|Tushar Deshpande (CSK)||10||5||45/3||0||11.40||11.00|
|Ravi Bishnoi (LSG)||8||5||3/28||0||7.13||13.87|
|Rashid Khan (GT)||11||5||3/31||0||8.30||10.90|
|Piyush Chawla (MI)||7||5||3/22||0||7.15||17.14|
|Mohammed Siraj (RCB)||8||5||3/22||0||7.00||15.00|
|Mohammed Shami (GT)||10||5||3/25||0||8.35||12.00|
|Mark Wood (LSG)||11||4||5/14||1||8.12||8.72|
|Arshdeep Singh (PBKS)||8||5||3/19||0||8.29||12.75|
Rules For Purple Cap In IPL 2023
- The prize is presented to the IPL 2023’s highest wicket-taker.
- The bowler with the most wickets during the season’s game dons the purple cap on the field.
- If there is a tie, the Purple Cap is given to the bowler with the higher economy rate.
- Even if an opposing bowler has taken his wickets, the Purple Cap owner who is fielding remains allowed to wear the Purple Cap until the completion of the innings.
Purple Cap Winners Season-wise List
IPL 2023 Format
There will be some changes to the sites, but the format of the IPL 2023 will remain the same as last year. These are the IPL 2023 format specifics:
- All ten teams are divided into 2 groups of five each.
- The teams and who gets to play in each group once and twice were decided by random draw.
- The teams play 14 games in the group stage, twice against each other (at home and away), once against the other four, and once against the remaining team.
- IPL Points Table System: The winning team gets 2 points and 0 points to the losing team. If there is a draw then both teams will get 1 point.
- A four-game playoff round follows the group stage. The playoffs will consist of four games:
- First-place and second-place teams will face off in the first qualifier.
- The third-and-fourth-place teams in the group stage will face off in the elimination round.
- The winner of the Eliminator competes against the loser of Qualifier 1 in Qualifier 2.
- Winners of Qualifiers 1 and 2 will compete in the final.
Also check our official Website for more Knowledge about IPL – Click Here
IPL 2023 New Rules
- After a catch out, regardless of whether the departing batsman reached the boundary or not, the incoming batsman will take the strike.
- COVID-19 might prevent some teams from finding their starting lineups, which means the BCCI may reschedule the game until later in IPL 2023.
- A member of the IPL Technical Team will investigate the issue if rescheduling is not possible.
- The team that finished higher in the league will be considered the winner of the playoffs or championship if the Super Over cannot be completed.
Now, we hope that you know about the highest wicket takes in IPL. We even discussed the rules and format of the IPL 2023. Thanks for reading.